Popular Posts

18 December, 2008

On the end of our days


How weird is it when your "out-laws" send you pictures of the mausoleum and cemetery sign where they want to be buried? And you can see it from the freeway. And it was expensive.

This tells me a few things. First of all kill me if I am buried near a highway Secondly, don't bury me at all. Oh sure have a big ole party play my favorite songs, and then go for a scatter. Or hang your necklaces on my ornate urn. Once I wanted to have my ashes tossed from a helicopter over Yankee stadium but now its...no longer as it was. The Yankees won't even be playing there come next spring. Who knows maybe I'll love the new stadium, where I plan to be on April 3 for opening day.

Or scatter me in New Hampshire, or in the mountains of Idaho, or bury my ashes in the Hailey cemetery, or in the graveyard in NYC where Phil's family has plots, or in Paris in the Pere Lachese (pictured here)....there are so many options..but not, please, in view of a highway.

No comments: